Trump Policy vs Metroparks Policy
This research is presented to compare a Trump Administration policy with a Huron Clinton Metroparks policy. After reading this article the author would appreciate your feedback. Do you agree more with this Trump Administration policy or do you agree more with the Huron Clinton Metroparks policy? Do you agree that the Metroparks policy is racist?
On September 22, 2020 President Trump signed an order titled, “Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping.” This order prohibited federal agencies and contractors from educating workers on topics like “White privilege” or from providing other forms of training deemed to promote “scapegoating” based on race or sex. The entire text of the order can be read at:
The preamble to this Executive Order (EO) laid out the rationale for its implementation. In short, President Trump issued this EO to prevent leftist ideologues from “teaching that men, and members of certain races, as well as our most venerable institutions, are inherently sexist and racist.” This excerpt from the EO provides insight as to what President Trump was trying to prevent:
“Today, however, many people are pushing a different vision of America that is grounded in hierarchies based on collective social and political identities rather than in the inherent and equal dignity of every person as an individual. This ideology is rooted in the pernicious and false belief that America is an irredeemably racist and sexist country; that some people, simply on account of their race or sex, are oppressors; and that racial and sexual identities are more important than our common status as human beings and Americans.”
The preamble provided three examples of the types of radical leftist training ideology that this EO was intended to prevent.
- Training materials from Argonne National Laboratories, a Federal entity, stated that racism “is interwoven into every fabric of America” and described statements like “color blindness” and the “meritocracy” as “actions of bias.”
- Materials from Sandia National Laboratories, also a Federal entity, for non-minority males stated that an emphasis on “rationality over emotionality” was a characteristic of “white male[s],” and asked those present to “acknowledge” their “privilege” to each other.
- A Smithsonian Institution museum graphic recently claimed that concepts like “[o]bjective, rational linear thinking,” “[h]ard work” being “the key to success,” the “nuclear family,” and belief in a single god are not values that unite Americans of all races but are instead “aspects and assumptions of whiteness.” The museum also stated that “[f]acing your whiteness is hard and can result in feelings of guilt, sadness, confusion, defensiveness, or fear.”
Not surprisingly, this EO was rescinded by the Biden Administration, leaving nothing to restrain radical leftists from propagating their “woke” ideology throughout the federal government.
Had the EO been applicable to the Huron Clinton Metroparks, this taxpayer subsidized park system would have been prevented from indoctrinating their employees with this same woke ideology.
Link to Metroparks DEI plan: https://www.metroparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/DEI-PLAN-2020.pdf?x91894
Here are specific examples of the “woke” Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ideologies that the Metroparks would have been prohibited from foisting on their employees:
- Metroparks’ definition of Implicit Bias: Also known as unconscious or hidden bias, implicit biases are negative associations that people unknowingly hold.
- The EO specifically prohibited the divisive concept that an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.
- Metroparks’ definition of Institutionalized racism: Differential access to the goods, services, and opportunities of society by race.
- The EO specifically prohibited the divisive concept that the United States is fundamentally racist or sexist.
- Metroparks’ definition of White Privilege: A term to capture all of the dynamics that go into being defined and/or perceived as white in society. White privilege grants material and psychological advantages that are often invisible and taken for granted by whites but are very visible to people of color.
- The EO specifically prohibited race or sex stereotyping. The EO defined race or sex stereotyping as ascribing character traits, values, moral and ethical codes, privileges, status, or beliefs to a race or sex, or to an individual because of his or her race or sex.
- Regarding the Metroparks’ woke ideological training, a Metroparks’ employee wrote Commissioner Nakagiri: “. . . I’m insulted to be told all the worlds racial problems are caused by me, my family and my ancestry.”
- The EO specifically prohibited the divisive concept that an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.
- The EO also specifically prohibited “Race or sex scapegoating.” The EO defined this as assigning fault, blame, or bias to a race or sex, or to members of a race or sex because of their race or sex. It similarly encompasses any claim that, consciously or unconsciously, and by virtue of his or her race or sex, members of any race are inherently racist or are inherently inclined to oppress others, or that members of a sex are inherently sexist or inclined to oppress others.
Livingston County Commissioner Wes Nakagiri strongly agrees with this Trump Administration policy and stands in strong opposition to the Huron Clinton Metroparks policy. Nakagiri's opposition to this divisive Metroparks policy is the reason he opposes the reappointment of Mr. Steve Williams. Mr. Williams voted in support of this Metroparks policy and voted to provide $6 million taxpayer dollars to a private entity in order to show more support for "social justice."
Nakagiri said, “I am in full agreement with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. People should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. I also believe that DEI, along with its Critical Race Theory component is the “woke” ideology that will divide and destroy our country.”
What do you think? What do your friends and family think?
Chip in $5 to help Wes continue the fight!