Here is some information and some links to Veterans Services in Livingston County.
The Livingston County Department of Veterans' Services is dedicated to providing services and programs to the 12,300 veterans residing in Livingston County. Services include:
- Assistance in navigating the claims filing process with the Federal Government for injuries or illness, federal death benefits, and survivor benefits.
- Case management and ongoing support for VA benefits recipients.
- Filing and processing of Livingston County burial allowance claims.
- Financial assistance for indigent veterans and their dependents for anything from food and gas to home repairs.
- Transportation for mobility impaired patients to get to their medical appointments such as dialysis and out-patient surgery.
- Substantially increase outreach to Livingston County Veterans including education of what benefits are available and helping veterans access benefits earned by their service
- Provide funding for the creation and assistance of mental health services.
- Connect veterans with a Veterans Career Advisor.
- Provided funding for the addition of a Court Coordinator for the Veterans Treatment Court.
- Increase the number of Drivers from 1 part-time staff to 2 part-time staff.
- Update IT infrastructure.
- Expand transportation service.
The Livingston County Veterans Services Department assists veterans and their families with obtaining the services they have qualified for. A comprehensive listing of services can be found here.
There are a number of Veterans Organizations in Livingston County. These organizations and their meeting times and locations can be found here.